Question

Wii U Preorders- one cancelled, one processing, can’t get confirmation email, help!

This is a doozy, and I am incredibly frustrated. I will give you all the details I can muster.

I placed an order with kmart.com on September 15th for the Wii U, payed with paypal, and that order was cancelled due to kmart placing an order expiration date BEFORE the release of the system. I called kmart.com customer service once a week every week to make sure there would be no problem with my order, and was ASSURED MULTIPLE TIMES that my order was fine. This being an item that is no longer available anywhere, and the only gift my kids wanted for Christmas, this was more than a disappointment. I’ve never been lied to by a company repeatedly. After talking to customer service, I was told there was nothing they could do, as it was sold out everywhere (which is why I got my preorder in as soon as they went up).

Fast forward to yesterday, I was able to place an order for the same item for store pickup on Sunday, 11/18. The money is out of my Paypal, and shows up on both sites as “processing”. However, on KMart.com it says “pending email confirmation”, which I CANNOT receive. I called customer service, and they guy said he would send the email, and it still isn’t here. I click on “resend my confirmation email”, and it won’t send it to me. This is order #427039194.

I need to be ASSURED in writing that my order is fine, and I will get the product. No more games. If there is any problems, I expect you guys to do the right thing and set one aside for me to purchase from my local store or online, because it was confirmed to me that my local store will be getting more in than just the preorders.

Please, please contact me as soon as possible to rectify this, preferably with someone who can help me, not just someone who is going to read a script and has no power to really do anything to help a customer. This is incredibly important to my family.

Answers

5 answers

1. Unfortunately I am hearing that Sears is purposely holding there WiiU's till Black Friday (even the ones that were pre-ordered online.) I guess we will find out on Friday but if this true then this a horribly deceptive practice.

2. Therealdanhill,

Please accept our apologies for the late response to your concern! We are terribly sorry for the disappointing experience you’ve had shopping online with us. As a parent myself I certainly understand you wanting to do everything possible to have this gift for your children. We apologize for all the frustration this experience has caused you. I would like to get you in contact with one of our dedicated case managers to help get this matter sorted out for you.
    At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your order was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your MySears screen name (Therealdanhill) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    Zenaida M.
    MySears Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

3. still waiting. Now I'm told my system is not in the store and the store has no record of me. I was told they cannot give me a release date as it doesn't show up in their system, when the Wii U clearly releases Sunday. I can't even get my money back, it is being held for an item I'm not going to get. I don't know if I should go to the police or not.

4. Hi therealdanhill! I know that Wii U is HUGELY popular! Thanks for posting today. We can have the SearsCares team investigate your order for you. Check back on this thread soon for a reply.

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Yes, as it is so popular, and sold out everywhere, I need to make sure I can get it. I've already had one order cancelled for dubious reasons, I don't want this one to get cancelled. What needs to be done is the store needs to be checked that they have enough to sell on release day. I need to know why I cannot get a confirmation email, even when someone on the help line says they sent it to me, it is not showing up. Why the money is taken out of my PayPal but still says "pending".

See More