Question

Will my older stereo connect to the lg 47LM4600 TV using RCA jacks

I bought a lg 47lm4600 LED TV recently, try connect the TV (audio optical output jack) to my old Sony home theater speakers (bought in year 1999). What cable and converter i need to order? Can I buy/order them in store?

Answers

3 answers

1. Do a web search for optical to RCA audio converter, and you should find what you need. I don't believe Sears has them in store, but a big box electronics store or that store that's in just about every shopping center should have them.

2. Ok, hlun! I shared your question with our Electronics Expert. Here is his reply:

Sounds like there is an optical jack on both the home theater system and the TV – if that is the case that would provide the best digital sound - (cable needed is item # 05710864000.) Another option for digital sound is through digital coax ( this would be the orange color input on the back of the home theater and TV. Item #05710861000)

Unfortunately if neither of those ports are on the home theater then they will have to go with stereo rca’s (Red and White jacks) item # 05710866000.

Hope this helps!

3. Hi hlun! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for posting your question today. I am doing a little research to see if I can find the correct cable and converter for you. Check back soon for an answer.