Question

Will the portraits we had taken on March 30th be printed?

We had photos taken on March 30th. It is the middle of May now, and the local store can tell us nothing other than “call again later”. Will the photos ever be printed, should I seek a refund (why isn’t one automatically given?), should I just go to the credit card company and contest the fraudulent charge?

Answers

7 answers

• San Jose, CA

Hopefully, your photos will arrive from the former CPI company vendor, that had its photos processed in centralized facilities, way far away from individual Sears stores.

I'm sure everyone, involved with the Portrait Studio processing debacle, will be crossing their fingers that your photos will be arriving in the next UPS delivery.

It's just that no one "knows".

1. Yes, no one knows. I don't know if I'll ever get my photos. I don't know whether I'll see my money again. I don't know whether I need to go out and get a photo shoot redone elsewhere.

Sears doesn't know, or is unwilling to say, who will and won't get their photos, though Sears was willing to say people could order prints online up to mid-April well after the doors closed at the Portrait Studios.

2. Hi yespage! I am so sorry you did not receive your portraits. Please head back to your local store-the manager will be able to issue you a refund.

• San Jose, CA

While the Portrait Studios had closed, the central processing facility was apparently still running trying to complete all the folks print orders that were in the supply pipe lines leading back to the stores.

Apparently, the processing facility was still able to handle on-line requests for previously taken prints that were available at the facility.

Hopefully, Sears, Kmart and Babies R' Us will be able to reopen their portrait studios, with a more stable vendor ASAP.

Until things get set up again, the individual stores where the portraits were taken are the contact point to see what the UPS folks have delivered to each store.

Good luck.

1. Hi yespage,

Thank you for posting in the MySears Community!

I am sorry to hear that you are still waiting to receive your pictures. Unfortunately you will have to speak with the manager in Akron to see if any more shipments of processed pictures will be coming in.

If not, yes, requesting a refund is an option. When doing so, please make sure you have all of your receipts for proof of purchase.

Again, we are apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns that we might be able to help you with.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

The manager doesn't know anything about shipments. Just that the UPS makes deliveries and photos may arrive randomly on the truck. Additionally, what do you mean "see about requesting a refund"? Sears either backs a product with their name attached or not.

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

You have yet to respond to the critical issue I have raised. The management at the store doesn't know when any photo shipments are coming at all. How can I determine whether I'll ever see the photos or whether I need a refund if the store can't even tell me whether any photos are going to be delivered, forget about them having any idea about my actual photos?

I need to know whether I have to go out and get photos redone some place else. There is absolutely no information to go with here.