Question

Worst Customer Service Ever!

I already emailed a copy of this to Ms. Munjal and Mr. Rea: Please allow me to share with you one of the most horrible experiences I recently had with Sears. On December 22nd of this year, I placed an online order to be picked up at a Sears auto center located in Burlington, MA. About two hours after the order, I received an email informing me the order was ready to be picked up. My wife drove 30 minutes to the Sears auto center only to be told that they didn’t have the items. The employee then told my wife that he will send someone to pick up the items at a nearby Sears and he can have it at his location by the next morning. My wife asked if she should call or if he would call her that the items are DEFINITELY ready to be picked up. His response was “no need.” He guarantees it will be at the store by 10 a.m. The next day at 10:30 a.m. I drove to the Sears auto center to pick up the items since the Sears employee told my wife the items will definitely be ready by 10 a.m. As I waited, I noticed the employees wandering around the place looking for something. Turns out the person before me was waiting for the same items as I was, which he placed online. When the manager couldn’t find the items he just casually told the customer, we don’t have it. When the customer showed dissatisfaction, the manager’s response was “So what you want me to do. We don’t have it.” No apologies or anything. When I explained to the manager my situation where my wife had already showed up the day before and was told that items would be at the store this morning, he again showed apathy. No apologies, no explanation and no further suggestion of a resolution. His responses consisted only of “I don’t deal with online orders,” “We don’t have it,” and “I can give you a refund.” What about a refund for the time, gas and aggravation??? It was only at my pressing that he called the store at Peabody, MA to find out if they had any. Now my wife will have to schlep all the way to Peabody to pick up the items. The manager didn’t even offer me a gift card or anything to compensate me for my time, gas and aggravation, considering Sears has a 5 minute pickup guarantee or you get a $5 coupon. This was way beyond the 5 minutes. This was two trips for nothing and an unsympathetic, uncaring and unapologetic manager. Now I understand why Sears is where it is. It would be sad to see such an icon disappear from the retail scene, but with this type of service, there is no where else Sears can go.

Answers

2 answers

1. Hello DaLange,

We thank you for reaching out to us. We would be happy to have a case manager contact our business partners and look into why your order was not ready, as was promised. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (DaLange), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    Dianne D.
    Social Media Moderator
    Social Media Support Team

2. Hi there!

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the MySers Community today, DaLange. I am sorry to hear your order was not ready, as was promised. I have sent this along to SearsCares, the customer service escalation team, who will be happy to discuss this with you further.

A team member will be by in a bit requesting more information so they can look into this for you. Once a reply is posted, I'll reach out to you via an email which will include a link back to this thread.

Thanks!

See More