Question

worst customer service ever

Michelle Orr

October 7, 2013

Dear Mr. Lampert,

I am writing to as the most exasperated customer on the verge of a mental breakdown. Your Appliance Protection departments, and your repair services, have abused me beyond reason.

I purchased a GE Profile Dishwasher that I paid $XXXX.XX in August 2011 the item was installed at the end of January 2012. The model I purchased has an automatic soap-dispensing feature, which has not worked properly since the day I purchased the dishwasher. This dishwasher has never, I repeat NEVER, worked properly since we have installed it.

Being a busy mother of three children I was unable to make the first repair appointment until 5/17/2012. Here is a list of all the repair appointments I have had since the installation of this dishwasher:
• 5/17/2012 called for appt to repair the soap dispenser
5/23/2012 sears technician came to house, and then ordered the part
6/5/2012 sears technician completed the repair

• 7/22/2012 called for appt to repair the soap dispenser
8/1/2012 sears technician came to house, and then ordered the part
8/10/2012 sears technician completed the repair

• 11/21/2012 called for appt to repair the soap dispenser
12/5/2012 sears technician came to house, and then ordered the part
12/19/2012 sears technician completed the repair

• 12/23/2012 called for appt to repair the soap dispenser
1/2/2013 sears technician came to house, and then ordered the part
1/5/2013 sears technician completed the repair, also told me that I have to mix all my dish detergent with water before putting into the dishwasher!!!! That is not how the item is supposed to operate!!!

• 3/25/2013 called for appt to repair the soap dispenser, part was ordered
4/1/2013 sears technician completed the repair, I have started putting water in detergent so perhaps it would work, but it still doesn’t work.

• 8/11/2013 called for appt to repair the soap dispenser
8/28/2013 sears technician came to house, and then ordered the part—BUT ONLY THE ELECTRONIC DISPLAY, technician refuses to deal with soap dispenser anymore
9/20/2013 Technician installs electronic board, but won’t address the soap dispenser.

• 10/7/13 technician coming to home, to once again, “fix” the faulty soap dispenser

AS you can see, I have had a total of 7 repair calls (minimum, this is only what was told to me over the phone), for the same issue. This item is so defective that GE doesn’t make an appliance with this feature anymore. Of these 7 repair orders, I have spent a total of 8 hours + at home per repair order!!! Because there is a four-hour window each time the technician comes, sometimes he doesn’t come at all, and then when he does, he is sometimes here for hours, this disgusting and evil process has taken up much of my past year.

During this time period, I also had the most extremely rude technician come here. I don’t remember his name. The other technician, named Pierre, is friendly, but he refuses to repair the item at this point. He says it’s a waste of time, that it can’t be fixed.

When I initially contacted the protection agreement department, in January of this year, I was told that all of my appointments in 2012 we not valid towards replacement since the appliance was under the manufacturers warranty. I would think, in this day and age of social media, that Sears would resolve this issue in a reasonable time, and in a respectful manner, the way a loyal customer should be treated. There is a simple bottom line, your store sold me a faulty appliance, and your store should fix the problem… period, end of story.

I was told in April that the technician would need to phone, from my home, and state the item could not be repaired. He refused to do so.

I have filed for the replacement claim several times. In September 2013, I called your customer service department, and I was told that I would definitely qualify for a replacement. I was told that I would be called within 2-3 days. AND SHOCKER, no one ever called me. This was on September 19, 2013. I phoned on September 30 to find out the status of my claim. The “customer service” person informed me that I was denied the claim. When I asked why, he was not helpful, read me some script and said I was at the end of the options. When I explained that this dishwasher has NEVER worked properly, that I am only asking for what is fair, he hung the phone up on me.

After gathering my thoughts, I called again and spoke with a very kind agent named. JASON. The person who hung up on me had the nerve to put into the notes section of my case that our call was disconnected…..disconnected indeed, because he HUNG UP! Jason then explained that the first department the rejected my claim was the WRONG department! Now how is this possible? Jason then pre-approved me for a new dishwasher and filed to the “offline” department for approval. I was told I would be contacted by October 4th.

SHOCKER!! No one called me. This brings me to today. I was told, again, that I was rejected for a new appliance.

So, Mr. Lampert, I am once again asking, as a reasonable human to another human, let’s look at my situation. I spent a lot of money on a dishwasher that, for all intents and purposes, has never worked properly since it was installed. I do not think I am trying to rip off sears. I spent over $10,000 on that fateful day in 2011 on all new appliances for my kitchen. Prior to that, I have purchased my washer and dryer from sears. Additionally, I am a sears cardholder. All I am asking is for a reasonable decision to be made on my case, to replace the dishwasher.

I have a new case opened up, once again, and was told that I would be contacted within 48 hours as to this decision. It is completely frustrating that a customer can’t speak with your mysterious “offline” decision makers. My new case number is 1797911.

Mr. Lampert, there is no price that you can put on the time I have spent trying to resolve this issue. Additionally, by the simple fact that I have been treated so poorly by your organization, I am experiencing emotional distress as well. The amount of time and effort to simply replace a defective washer that your organization sold me is unreasonable, unfair, and shameful. This process is horribly designed and faulty, and it seems made so that the customer gives up any hope that a fair and just decision can be made in their favor.

I would like to know, specifically, what can be done to compensate for the **** your company has put me through. Not just the replacement, but otherwise as well. At this point, you have sadly lost a very loyal and lifelong customer.

Thank you for your consideration,

Answers

2 answers

1. Michelle,
    We apologize for the trouble you’ve experienced with your dishwasher and its service. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would like to have a dedicated case manager contact you directly to review this situation and assist in addressing your concerns. We have your contact info from the case number you provided and will attempt to contact, however if there is a preferred contact number you would rather us reach you at, please send that information to smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide the contact phone number and provide the screen name (notasoccermom) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Welcome, notasoccermom! Thanks for taking the time to post your constructive letter today. I don't think I can apologize enough for all the trouble you have been through trying to get your dishwasher repaired and/or replaced. We can get you in touch with the SearsCares team, who will work with you on getting this resolved. You will be assigned a case manager who will be your one point of contact throughout getting this taken care of.

A team member will reply shortly requesting more information to get started. Once they do, I will let you know via email so you can directly connect with them.

Thanks again!

See More