Question

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE OF LIFE

I HAD worse experience of my life on none other than on Thanksgiving Day. I will talk to anyone and everyone who listen. This should have been as simple as possible, but not only Sears screwed it up, but made my experience so bad that I actually had to tell the technician that I feel like I am getting choked by Sears and not able to do anything about it. SO here is the issue:

I ordered 4 tires online a day ago, paid it with Sears Credit Card, called the store 2 days ago prior to ordering and talked to the Auto center Manager Christine. She said no issue, just place order, make appointment and you will be out in an hour or so. Once I placed the order, I called again (day before installation) talked to Jason and said that I had made appointment online for 8PM on Thanksgiving day, when store open. Can I talk to someone who will be there, so I do not have any issue with order. He said he confirm order and there will be no issue. He will not be in on Thanksgiving day, but his staff is well trained with offer. i went over all the offer and he confirmed that its all good.

NIGHT MARE START (DAY OF INSTALLATION)

I GO TO STORE AND THERE IS ONLY ONE GUY. AFTER HALF AN HOUR, I GET TO THE COUNTER AND I SAID I ORDERED ONLINE, HAVE MY CONFIRMATION E-MAIL AND JUST WANT TO GET IT INSTALLED. HE STARTED PROCESS (TOOK 15 MINUTES). I SAID I SUPPOSED TO GET $100 REWARD PER OFFER, HE HAD NO IDEA. CALLED JASON, WAS TOLD TO CALL CHRISTINE. AFTER CALLING CHRISTINE, SHE WALKED HIM THROUGH TO PROCESS THE OFFER (30 MINUTES OF TIME). HE SAID HE WAS NOT TRAINED ON THIS (I WAS STILL OK (IN GOOD MOOD), SINCE HE STILL GOT IT DONE). I DID NOT WANTED TO GO TO THIS MUCH HASSLE FOR SIMPLE TRANSACTION, BUT STUFF HAPPENS. WELL, AFTER THAT HE CREATED WORK ORDER AND I HANDED OVER THE KEY, THEY PUT THE CAR ON STAND TO DO THE WORK. I SAID I WILL JUST GO TO SEARS STORE FOR FEW MINUTES (I TOOK 30 MINUTES) AND CAME BACK.

NOW THE WORST PART OF THE SITUATION.

I CAME BACK AND MY CAR IS STILL ON STAND AND NO BODY AROUND THE CAR. THE SALES PERSON IS TALKING TO SOME OTHER GUY, SO I WAIT (15 MINUTES). I GO BACK TO SERVICE AREA AND WAIT THERE. AFTER 10 MINUTES, THE TECHNICIAN COME BACK AND SAID THAT HE CAN NOT FIND TIRES I ORDERED. HE GOES BACK TO STORE AND TELLS THE SALES GUY. HE SAID TO WAIT, HE IS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMER (ANOTHER 10 MINUTE). AFTER THAT, BOTH GOES DOWNSTAIR (30 MINUTES). COME BACK AND THE GUY SAYS THAT CAN NOT FIND TIRES. HE SAID THAT HE CAN SEE IF I WANT TO PUT ANY OTHER TIRES. I SAID AS LONG AS ITS GOODYEAR, SO I GETS THOSE OFFER AND NO ADDITIONAL FEES. I SAID I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO TALK TO CHRISTINE.

HE SAID HE WILL NOT CALL YET, BUT ONCE HE FIND OPTION. THE ONLY OPTION IS ANOTHER TIRE, WHICH WILL CAUSE ME LOOSE $80 FOR REBATE. I SAID THAT IS NOT FAIR. HE CALLS CHRISTINE, AND EXPLAIN SITUATION. HE SAID THAT OTHER TIRE IS $5 PER TIRE MORE, SO HE COME BACK AND SAID THAT HE CAN PROVIDE NEW TIRE FOR SAME PRICE AS OLD, BUT I STILL LOSE $80. I SAID LET ME TALK TO CHRISTINE. HE SAID SHE DOES NOT WANT TO TALK TO YOU.

HE SAID EITHER YOU DO THIS OR CANCLE EVERYTHING. HE SAID HE DOES NOT HAVE TIME TO WASTE WITH ME ANYMORE AND HE HAS TO DEAL WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS (NO ONE ELSE WAS IN STORE).

I DID NOT HAVE OTHER OPTION, IT WAS 11:00 PM AS THIS TIME (3 HRS SINCE BEING THERE). I SAID AT LEAST GIVE ME THE DIFFERENCE IN SERVICE OR GIFT CARD. HE SAID THAT CHRISTINE IS THE MANGER FOR 12 YEARS AND HE ONLY BEEN THERE 2 YEARS. IF SHE DID NOT WANT TO GIVE ANYTHING, THEN NOTHING HE CAN DO. HE SAID HE IS ADJUSTING THE PRICE OF THE TIRE, SO I GOT MY DIFFERENCE ANYWAY.

I SAID THAT THE TIRES WERE ONLY $5 A PIECE, SO TOTAL OF $20 DOLLAR DIFFERENCE AND I DO NOT WANT OTHER TIRE. HE SAID WELL, HE IS READY TO WALK AWAY FROM ME AND CALL SECURITY.

I GET THE WORK DONE, LEAVE THE STORE AT $1130 (TOTAL TIME: 3:45 HRS). LETS SEE WHAT I GET ON THIS.

Answers

5 answers

1. RIPAL,

We’re sorry that our customer service did not meet expectations with your recent auto center experience. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. If you would like to discuss this experience, we would be happy to have a case manager contact you directly. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (RIPAL) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. I will never ever get anything from sears or kmart they cancel your order and don't tell you until, you call to fine out about your order, then you fine out your order was canceled, because the items are out of stock. and they also put a hold on your bank card for more money than your order was, they should have know the things was out of stock before they charge my card, now my black Friday money tired up and I can't shop, no supervisor on duty until 7am I was told, who's is running this place? there should be a supervisor on duty at all times, am here to tell you sears kmart you need a better computer system so when your customer service rep's can see you are out of stock, and don't charge customers bank card and hold up their money they need.am on a fixed income and I need my money now not 3 to 5 later

1. In response to juditrou

Hi juditrou. Welcome to the MySears Community! I am very sorry to hear your order was cancelled. I would like to put you in contact with our Customer Care Team as well for additional support with this order. Once the Customer Care Team responds here, I will reach out to you via email.

Thanks for taking the time to reach out!

2. In response to juditrou

juditrou,

My name is David and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are truly sorry for the troubles you have encountered with your online order. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss this situation and assist you in addressing any other concerns you may have. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (juditrou), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Thank you,
      David W.
      MySears Community Moderator

3. Welcome to MySears, RIPAL! Thanks so much for posting on our community today. I am so sorry that you had this disappointing experience at your local Sears Auto. I can imagine how frustrating that must have been for you tonight. I think SearsCares, the customer service escalation team, will be able to help get you taken care of.

A team member will reach out in a bit on this thread requesting more information so they can directly help you. Once they respond, I will let you know via email and included a link directing you back here so you can view their answer.

Please let us know how things work out!

Thanks!