Resolve to Redeem Shop Your Way℠ Points
Just three weeks into 2014, 53 percent of Americans who had committed to a New Year’s resolution have already given up, according to a new survey from Sears Holdings.* The survey also found that exercising, eating healthier and losing weight are the top broken resolutions. To help reignite those commitments, Sears and Kmart have introduced “Resolve to Redeem” deals on resolution-reviving products at shopyourway.com/resolvetoredeem. Shop Your Way members can save even more by redeeming special soon-to-expire points they may have earned over the holiday season.
Nearly half – 47 percent – of Americans say buying new products or equipment helps them stay motivated to stick with their resolutions. As shoppers look to maximize the value of purchases after holiday spending, redeeming points can help save even more. Shopping with a gift card received for Christmas, plus redeeming points on a purchase, is a smart one-two-punch saving strategy. Points can be spent to scoop up deals and stay motivated, especially if one of your resolutions is to improve your finances.
The significant amount of Shop Your Way points available to members is partly a result of the first-ever Shop Your Way Holiday Bonus offer from Sears. The offer gave members up to 10 percent back in points on purchases made with a Sears credit card or three percent back in points when using any other form of payment during the entire holiday shopping season.
Based on popular New Year’s resolutions, Sears and Kmart are offering “Resolve to Redeem” deals on products available at shopyourway.com/resolvetoredeem that include:
- Lose Weight – Hit the gym in style to keep shedding those holiday pounds with great discounts on fitness apparel at Kmart from Everlast Sport® for women and Athletech® men’s activewear (sale price $7.98 – $21.98).
- Exercise – 38 percent of Americans say a new treadmill would help motivate them to exercise more often. Start making strides by saving $360 on a NordicTrack T6.1 Treadmillat Sears (reg. price $899.99; sale price $539.99).
- Get a New Job – Kick your job search into high gear on a new Dell Inspiron 15.6” laptopfrom Sears on sale for $379.99 (reg. price $399.99).
- Eat Healthier – More than one-third – 35 percent – of Americans say new kitchen appliances would help them stay motivated to cook healthier meals at home. The George Foreman Champ Grill is an easy and healthy way to grill your favorites indoors, available for less than $20 for Shop Your Way members at Sears.
- Manage Stress – Melt stress away at the end of the day with 50 percent off recliners from Simmons and La-Z-Boy at Sears.
- Improve Your Romantic Relationship – Plan ahead for Valentine’s Day with up to 75 percent off fine jewelry at Sears including the Romanza Bangle and Earrings 2-piece set (reg. price $459.99; sale price $103.49).
- Stop Procrastinating – Tackle home improvement projects with 20 percent off Craftsman tools at Sears including the Craftsman 263 piece mechanic’s tool set (reg. price $299.99; sale price $189.99).
Shop Your Way is a free, instant, member-based shopping program and community that offers rewards, personalized deals, product reviews, member coupons and e-receipts for faster returns and exchanges.
*This survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Interactive on behalf of Sears Holding from January 14-16, 2014 among 2,035 adults ages 18 and older. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated.